In this course we will talk about the basics of international adoption. The instructors are Robin Sizemore, Executive Director of Hopscotch Adoptions, who has worked in the international adoption field for 27 years and Debbie Price, Executive Director of Children’s House International and who has worked in international adoption for 28 years. Both are also adoptees and mothers through international adoption.
This course covers the following learning objectives:
- Explain what type of kids are available through international adoption, including average age and type of special needs.
- List the governmental entities (both US and foreign) involved with intercountry adoption.
- List 3 criteria to look for when choosing an international adoption agency.
- Explain how the Adoption Tax Credit can help pay for an international adoption.
Outline for Introduction to International Adoption.pdf
*This course includes a 1-hour conversational audio lesson, a guided outline, a transcript, a handout, a 10-question quiz, and a certificate of completion with the successful completion of the quiz at 80%.
Your course will remain active for 180 days from purchase date.
This course aligns with the following regulatory requirements.
Hague Treaty on Intercountry Adoption*
* Important Information for agencies on Hague Training Requirements.
Illinois Licensing Standard §401.520
*Important Information for agencies on Illinois Adoption Requirements.
Nebraska Licensing Requirement
*Important Information for agencies on Nebraska Adoption Requirements.