Learn what you need to know about claiming the Adoption Tax Credit on your 2021 taxes. In this course, we talk with Becky Wilmoth, an Enrolled Agent and Adoption Tax Credit Specialist with Bill's Tax Service and Josh Kroll, the Adoption Subsidy Resource Center coordinator at the North American Council on Adoptable Children.
This course covers the following learning objectives:
- Explain what the Adoption Tax Credit is.
- Explain how much credit is available for 2021 taxes.
- List what type of adoptions are eligible for the Adoption Tax Credit.
- Explain how to claim the Adoption Tax Credit for special needs adoptions and how that differs from the credit for other types of adoptions.
- List the documentation required for the Adoption Tax Credit.
*Your course will remain active for 180 days from purchase date.