In this course, we interview Jennifer McCallum, Lead Post Adoption Counselor at Buckner Children & Family Services, and Dr. Lark Eshleman, a consultant and educator whose expertise is working with children and families who have experienced early emotional trauma, attachment difficulties, neglect and abuse.
This course covers the following topics:
- Domestic Infant Adoption
- Typical stresses adoptive parents feel
- Feeling like a babysitter
- Lack of sleep
- How has the idea of cocooning impacted stress?
- Impact of infertility struggles on transitioning into parenthood.
- Stresses with parenting a child with neonatal abstinence syndrome.
- Stresses with open adoption
- Older child adoption through foster care or international adoption
- Unrealistic expectations of the child and of yourself
- School issues
- Parental attachment styles
- How the way we were parented influences how we parent.
- Challenging behaviors
- Sibling issues
*This course includes a 1-hour conversational audio lesson, a 10-question quiz, and a certificate of completion with the successful completion of the quiz at 80%.
Your course will remain active for 180 days from purchase date.