Adopting older children brings special joys and challenges. In this course, we talk with Bryan Post, specializing in Child Behavior and Adoption and founder of the Post Institute. He is an adopted and former foster child.
Outline for Adopting Older Kids Things to Consider.pdf
This course includes the following learning objectives:
- Identify 2 reasons why it is hard to discipline a child adopted at an older age.
- Discuss why focusing on academics is a mistakes when adopting older kids.
- List 2 things to do to help internationally adopted tweens and teens adjust more easily.
- List 3 things to do to establish a secure relationship with a child adopted at an older age.
*This course includes a 1-hour conversational audio lesson, a 10-question quiz, and a certificate of completion with the successful completion of the quiz at 80%.
Your course will remain active for 180 days from purchase date.
This course aligns with the following regulatory requirements.
Hague Treaty on Intercountry Adoption
* Important Information for agencies on Hague Training Requirements.
Illinois Licensing Standard §401.520
*Important Information for agencies on Illinois Adoption Requirements.